Advancing knowledge and cooperation for a healthy ocean and prosperous society
1. to share the latest scientific advance on ocean acidification, and its impacts on marine ecosystems and socio-economic development in the Western Pacific and beyond;
2. to exchange knowledge on the state-of-the-art ocean acidification related research and monitoring methods, technologies, impact assessment and initiatives in the Western Pacific and beyond;
3. to brainstorm an actionable plan for the WESTPAC Ocean Acidification Network for the next five to ten years, as a potential contribution to the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-2030) and the Global Ocean Acidification Observing Network (GOA-ON).
Webinar speakers will present:
1. Ongoing or planned study(ies)/assessments related to ocean acidification and its impacts on marine ecosystem;
2. How the study(ies) could contribute to addressing environmental, socio-economic challenges, such as climate knowledge, ecological services, seafood safety and security, and ecosystem health etc.;
3. Concrete ideas/plans for conducting ocean acidification and its related studies jointly with others in the region, including any potential proposals for the UN Decade of Ocean Science.